Book of Fasting – Umdatul-Ahkam (Class 1) – Uways at-Taweel
With Ramadan around the corner, Ustaadh Uways at-Taweel – may Allaah preserve him – begins the explanation of the Book of Fasting from the book, Umdat-ul-Ahkam (a classic collection of authentic hadeeths).
He started with an introduction explaining some fruits of Ramadan:
1. Attaining Taqwa and training oneself in fearing Allah.
2. Exercising ourselves upon all 3 types of Sabr (patience).
3. Training ourselves to be consistent upon acts of worship: Praying on time, reciting the Qur’ān with contemplation, praying Tahajjud, charity.
4. Training ourselves to have Ikhlaas (sincerity to Allah).
5. Seeking knowledge is an obligation upon every Muslim. Thus, the Muslim prepares for Ramadan by learning about its rulings. More importantly, he also learns about Tawheed (singling out Allah with all forms of worship) and the Aqeedah (Islamic creed) which are needed in every aspect of lives.
He then explained the first two Hadeeth’s of the chapter in the following points, based on the works of Shaykh Muhammad al-‘Uthaymeen and other Scholars:
1. General meaning of the hadeeth and clarifying of some words used
2. Summarized biographies of the Companions narrating the ahadeeth
3. A list of benefits extracted from each hadeeth