Lesson 2: The ‘Aqeedah (Creed) of al-Raaziyyaan – Uways at-Taweel
In this second lesson on the Aqeedah of al-Raziyyaan, our teacher continues explaining the introduction of the treatise and then explains the first point of ‘Aqeedah mentioned by the author regarding Eemaan.
Some points covered:
- The foundation in seeking knowledge: which is to take it from the ‘Ulema (Scholars) and to ask about their statements
- The importance of seeking the ‘Aqeedah (Islamic Beliefs) of the Pious Predecessors
- The importance of having Scholars upon the Sunnah and the importance of being grateful to Allah for that great blessing
- The importance of constantly returning to such Scholars and of travelling to seek knowledge
- An explanation that Eemaan includes: statement of the tongue, belief of the heart and actions of the limbs; and that it increases with obedience to Allah and decreases with disobedience to Allah.
- A mention of a few groups that oppose Ahl-us-Sunnah in the correct definition of Eemaan.
The class was held on Saturday, June 27, 2020.