Lesson 1: The ‘Aqeedah (Creed) of al-Raaziyyaan – Uways at-Taweel
In this first class, our teacher, Ustadh Uways at-Taweel حفظه الله gives an introduction to the book: “the ‘Aqeedah of al-Raaziyyaan” (the Creed of the Two Raazi’s) – a book that clarifies the Creed and Belief of as-Salaf as-Salih (the Pious Predecessors) from the Companions of the Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu ‘alaihi wasallam) and the Scholars of Islam that came after them.
Some of the points treated are:
- The meaning of “‘Aqeedah” & the importance of studying the Islamic ‘Aqeedah
- Some meanings of the word “Sunnah”
- The importance of the Isnad (chains of narrations) in Islam
- Foundational books of ‘Aqeedah have Isnad’s that return to the first 3 generations – who were praised by the Prophet (sallallaahu ‘alaihi wasallam)
- Brief biographies of the Two Raazi’s (Abu Haatim ar-Raazi & Abu Zur’ah ar-Raazi) whom this ‘Aqeedah is narrated from as well as the author of the book, Abu Muhammad ‘Abdur-Rahman, the son of Abu Haatim ar-Razi – may Allah have mercy upon them all.