My Christian Mother is Angry Because I Embraced Islam – Advice from Uwais at-Taweel
In advising a new Muslim brother whose mother is unhappy and angry with his acceptance and practice of Islam, Ustaadh Uwais at-Taweel (may Allaah preserve him) discusses the following points:
- The great blessing of Islam and worshiping Allaah alone
- The importance of seeking knowledge and studying the religion of Islam, strictly based on the Qur’aan & Sunnah
- No obedience to the creation in disobedience to Allaah
- The importance of good character towards the parents especially the mother
- Practical examples and advice in dealing well with one’s parents; in particular a mother who is unhappy with one’s practice of Islam
This was the first question in the Q&A session after Class 5 of the Book of Fasting from Umdatul-Ahkam.